So yesterday in this post, Adam tagged me. And although I normally am not a fan of these chain letter sort of things, it seemed harmless and sort of fun. Plus I got a movie to add to netflix out of Adam's list. So I have decided to play along. But my part of it will die, because I don't have 3 blogging friends to tag next. Here it goes: My top ten favorite films (in no particular order)
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition) - It's probably cheating to name 3 movies in one line, but there is nothing resembling an ending in the first two. They are one story, and this is my list so you'll have to like it. Also the extended editions are the only way to go.
- In the Line of Fire - "I know Things About Pigeons, Lilly"
- Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore - These are the great trilogy of stupid movies that make up my college experience. Again not just one movie, but I associate them so closely and have pretty much memorized them. So I put them in one line. But if you forced me to choose only one I'd pick em in the order they are listed.
- Return of the Jedi (Star Wars Ep. VI) - I'm a geek, what can I say. And I know this is supposed to be Empire Strikes Back, but I like Jedi better, and this is my list,
- Thirteen Days - About the Cuban missile crisis follows the book very closely. I Love me some Cold-War history
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - I've seen this movie every December since about 1994. it's not Christmas till I see it.
- Rudy - Always makes me Cry
- Toy Story 2 - Very nearly a flawless movie.
- The Princess Bride - The book is better, I'm reading it now, but I love this movie.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Easily the worst ending of a good movie ever. Fortunately you can just watch selections and it feels like you've see it all
The rules of the “game” are simple: 1. list your top ten favorite films (in no particular order). 2. if you’re tagged, you’ve got to post and tag 3-5 other people. 3. give a tag back (some link love) to the one who tagged you in your post 4. give a hat tip (HT) to Dan