On Wednesday nights in youth I am teaching on the minor prophets. Tonight I was in the book of Jonah. Since every student knows the story of Jonah so well, I decided to make it into a mad-lib. I cheated a bit for the purpose of having it make sense. (Instead of just a noun I would ask for a mode of transportation for example.) It turned out very fun. Feel free to use this for your own youth group, all I ask is if you do, post it in the comments so we can all enjoy. Without further ado, here is how mine turned out: 1. Name: ___Hugo____________
2. Place: ___Tokyo_____________
3. Verb: ____Eat_____________
4. Mode of Transport:___wheelchair____________
5. Adjective: _____unique_____________
6. Place: _____Wal-mart______________
7. Adjective: __Fluffy_______________
8. Disaster: ____Ice Age_____________
9. Noun: _____Ramen_____________
10. Animal: ___Platypus______________
11. P T verb: ___Picked______________
12. Noun: ____Fleas________________
13. Adverb: ____Extremely________________
14. Verb: _____Drive________________
15. Verb: _____Roll________________
This is the story of a man named (1)___Hugo__. (1)____Hugo___ was very close to God, in fact, he could (3)___Eat____ to God directly. One day God said, "(1)___Hugo_, go to (2)__Tokyo__." But he was (5)___unique__ and didn't want to go to (2) ___Tokyo__. So instead, he got on board a (4)___wheelchair_ bound for (6)___Wal-mart__.
Once (1)__Hugo__ began his journey, he became even more (7)__Fluffy__ because God caused a (8)__Ice Age___. The (8)__Ice Age___ was so bad that those around him were frightened and decided to kick him off his (4)____wheelchair__ and into a (9)__Ramen____. Once in the (9)__Ramen___ God caused a(n) (10)__Platypus__ to attack him. After a bit of a struggle, the (10)___Platypus___ swallowed (1)___Hugo__.
From inside the belly of the (10)___Platypus____. He (11)___Picked__ and asked God to show him (12)___Fleas____.
God made the (10)___Platypus__ vomit (1)___Hugo____ up. He landed on the ground (13)__Extremely__, and went directly to (2)___Tokyo___. To preach this message, "(14)____Drive____ or you will (15)____Roll___."