I just realized that it is November and we need to start another collaborative story on the blog. This was incredibly fun for the last 2 years. The only thing I regret about it is that it has only lasted a few days each time. Here is a link to the 2009 story, and the 2008 version. Please write something. The story going in unexpected ways is what makes it fun.
We will do this the same as we have for the last 2 years. There is a tab at the top "collaborative story" that contains the story. You add your portion to the comments and I will place it in the body of the story.
- No one can write two consecutive portions
- Portions may not be longer than 400 words
- Be aware of continuity. Please read the story and relate your section to the rest. We don’t want this to turn out like Snoopy’s novel. Not too many meanwhiles etc.
- No quick endings. Please don’t have aliens destroy the world, or some sort of catastrophy to end the story short
- Please don’t negate the contributions of others, (e.g. Then he woke up…it was all a dream)
- Don't worry about continuity. This story will feature the same William, but he doesn't have to work for the Wisconsin board of tourism and cheese relations, he doesn't have to know anything about particle physics and he doesn't have to even know who Michael Strahan is. This will be like the Simpsons where Homer still works at the nuclear power plant even though h has held 100 other jobs and been fired dozens of times.
- Careful of content/language. Try to write your portions without swears or non PG-13 content.
- I reserve the right to edit your portion for spelling grammar and format.
- Have fun