This is the third year in a row that I have posted the story of my Christmas tree. It is essentially the same post as last time. Each year I add one ornament to my Christmas tree. There is a whole story behind it that you can read here. It all started with a single blue ball. (#4) And now I have 13 ornaments on the tree. I missed a couple of years in there. This year I have the same 13 ornaments that I had last year. Since I did not acquire a new one last Christmas it solved my dilemma. I simply added both #2 and #12 with no need to choose between the 2. The key is below. If you gave me one, Thanks.
1. This is a ball from the LaGrange Park RAs. It was part of a Lottie Moon fundraiser in ’05. The RAs were placing these in honor or memory of someone for $4. Mine says “In honor of Jesus,” I thought it fitting since it was Christmas
2. This is a University of Kentucky candy cane. It is one of a set of 4 (But I couldn’t stand to put all 4 of them on the tree that was just too much ornament adding) given to me by Wes & Kristi who said that their son, Carson picked it out. (The same Kristi who gave me #13) Added in 2010
3. This is the tassel from my college graduation in ’01. I was really proud of this since it took me 13 semesters to actually graduate from college.
4. The original blue ball. (made of actual glass) added in 1996.
5. Is the famous tin-foil ball. I added a couple of layers to it when I moved up to the full sized tree. Also I stuck a nail with a red ribbon in it. We got the nail/ribbon at church a few years back to remind us about Christ’s sacrifice.
6. This is a snowman with a jingle bell built in. Holding a sign that says, “Jesus loves you snow much.” I got it at the Cumberland Beatitude house on a LPBC youth work day December 2008.
7. This is a slightly used fishing bobber, complete with weights and an actual hook, complete with barb to hang it. It says 80¢ on the side. I added this one myself in ’04.
8. This is a glittery snowflake. I’m not sure who, but somebody at Mexico Baptist Church gave me this. I lean towards thinking it is from Sandra Belt and it came in a card or something. Added in 2002.
9. A University of Kentucky Wildcats ornament. I bought this at Wal-Mart, can’t remember when, but probably like ’03 since I was new to North Carolina and felt an extra need to represent my team in hostile territory
10. A little wooden snowman with my name on it. A Couple of my former students, Kristen and Melissa, gave this to me I’m guessing it was ’01.
11. This is the tassel from my seminary graduation cap. I got this in December ’06 when I graduated seminary. This is all that remains from my regalia rental fee of $80, so I’m definitely going to hang on to it.
12. This is a ball from the LPBC Lottie Moon Fundraiser 2008. It was given in my honor by my Pastor and his wife. It is made of actual glass and was added to the tree in 2009.
13. This is the ornament that started my one ornament per year method. The one Kristi gave me in Christmas 1996 but it made the tree the next year, so we’ll call it ‘97