Back in January, in anticipation of the final season of Lost I made a I made a list of the questions I wanted to see answered. In this post I am checking the score to see how that final season measured up to my hopes
- Jacob/Man in Black - Answered
- The Island (I know this one is pretty vague) - Really not answered, but at lest sort of addressed
- The numbers - Answered
- Walt and/or Vincent (the ability to make stuff happen) - Not even addressed
- Richard Alpert – why doesn’t that dude age? - Answered
- Christian Shepherd - Answered
- The smoke monster - Answered
- Why children can’t be born on the island - Not even addressed
- That giant statue - Not addressed
- Everybody being connected. Did the island choose them or what’s the deal with that? - Answered, sort of.
So by my count that is 6 of 10 questions answered. Overall I was satisfied. I found the finale to be emotional and enjoyable, even if it didn't answer the question what is the island.
All during Christian Shepard's speech all I could think of was that this is a postmodern / new-agey version of C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce. Also I was terribly distracted by that ridiculous stained glass window tribute to every religion even if they are 100% incompatible.